Monday, July 28, 2014

2014/07/25

Squat day. Well, kind of. I left work early and headed to the gym to get a double session in. The workout was going to lay out to be upper body and core intensive, so I figured I could sneak in a lower body portion beforehand. 

5x5 Squats @ 275. Went completely raw with these. I know the weight is easy enough, it just beat me down with DOMS last week. So, just went through the lifts and did my work. Nothing surprising here, just a good ol' fashion squat day. 

The class started and I jumped in for a GOAT day. For those of you who don't know, CrossFit refers to the exercise you suck at as your "goat". It "gets your goat". A phrase with an unknown origin that is hardly ever used in today's vernacular. Love it. 

My goats for the day were ring dips and stringing toes to bar. I just suck at ring dips, as I benched power lifting style for so long, super arched back and lat activation, that I never built my tricep strength. That I can barely bench anyway. And while I can bang out toes to bar with a weird little double kip, I have a hard time stringing together the fully strung together reps. 

So, EMOTM 20 alternating 5 reps of each. Needless to say, my chest was burnt the day afterwards. Otherwise, the legs weren't as burned from the squats as last week, which is definitely a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment