Saturday, June 14, 2014

You Can't Do That Here

What happened next was a bit of a twist. I fell in love with the Olympic lifts. Snatching and Clean -n- Jerking are just two amazing movements. They're so incredibly beautiful to watch and so incredibly frustrating to master. 

So here I am, in my globo gym, throwing around this bar with iron weights on it, trying to figure out form from videos on the internets. As a side goal, I was trying not to kill someone. Nailed it. 

After about a month, I realized I had to move on. I started looking around for a gym that would let me train the way I wanted to. I live in a metropolitan area, should be easy to find a weightlifting club, right? Well, you'd be surprised. 

I ended up at a Crossfit gym, because they have bumpy plates and a weightlifting coach. I needed both of those things. I went there with the whole idea of just getting deeper into the Olympic lifts, but I kind of went in a different direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment