Saturday, June 28, 2014

2014/06/28 - Mock Meet

Today we our Mock Meet to let us try out our lifts that we want to hit at the meet on the 14th. So, we slipped into our singlets and hit a couple heavy pulls.

My snatches went well. Opened at 84, nice simple lift that I know I can hit. Moved up to 88 and pretty much power snatched it. Finished with 93 and felt pretty awesome about the lift. I'm comfortable there, probably don't want to go any higher if I plan on going 6/6.

Cleans went alright. Opened at 106 for an easy lift to get on the boards. Moved to 113 for an easy clean but the jerk was a little iffy. Don't think it'd get redlighted, but it'd be close. Wanted to go out with a bang, so I upped it to 121. Was only supposed to go for 120 which should have been close. The jerk was just ugly, should not have upped it so far. Should have settled for 118. Live and learn though. That third attempt will be a game time decision.

All in all, felt pretty good about my attempts. I'd be happy with those numbers at the meet. I'm not planning on medaling here, just want to get out on the platform and hit some lifts. I'm pretty pumped about it. Plus, I look awesome in the singlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment