Monday, June 23, 2014

2014/06/23

Our gym used a workout that I programmed today. That's pretty awesome. It came out of a question from my "Member of the Month" interview, which I was pretty proud of. 

The strength portion of today was the second week of 20 rep deadlift max. Pick a weight and go to town on 20 unbroken reps. This is something you either commit to and ruin yourself for the WoD, or you take a nice comfortable weight and just use this as hypertrophy work. I took the latter path and stayed at a comfortable 225lbs. 

The WoD was an 8 minute timer of:
3 Thrusters @ bodyweight(195lbs for me today)
5 Chest to Bar Pull Ups
7 Bar Facing Burpees

When I programmed it, I figured people would fall right around 5 rounds. I finished 4+10, and the rest of everyone fell right around 5+a couple. So, right where I expected it. Not as many people went as heavy as I was hoping on the thrusters... 
Our coach changed it to be "unbroken thrusters", where you weren't supposed to drop the bar. That gets people thinking they should go lighter so they can safely rerack the weight. I wanted them to do singles at as heavy as fucking possible. Either way, was a really grueling workout. Would love to be able to help with programming the workouts again someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment