Friday, October 17, 2014

2014/10/16

I've been sick all week, but finally got back into the gym. As I'm an idiot and love punishment, I did an abridged version of the night before's workout and then tonight's workout back to back. Cause that seemed fun. 

Last night's workout "warmup":
3 rounds of 
6 hang snatch @ 95 lbs
8 pull ups
10 box jump overs @ 30"

Finished that up in a little over 3 minutes and was just covered in sweat. I can see why the full workout of 5 rounds would have sucked as my legs were starting to hate the box jumps by the end of round 3. Butterfly pull ups are coming along nicely though, that's a plus. 

The actual warm up consisted of : WidowMakers (aka 20 rep squats). Dear gods, do I love a good widowmaker session. We did them quite a while ago, but I haven't done them in probably 6 months. So, strapped on 275 and then barreled through.
First ten went smooth enough, then it was singles the rest of the way. Last rep was a doozy. Came forward a bit and strained the hammie a touch, but it's warmed up this morning and feels alright. 

Afterwards was some work on dips, which turned into muscle ups and dips. Then, because I couldn't walk all that properly, I had the lady come pick me up and went home to stuff my face with steak. 

Interestingly enough, the recovery formula is : 12oz steak + 3oz monohydrate creatine + 6oz fish oil. I feel great this morning, was not expecting that to be honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment