Saturday, January 10, 2015

15/1/8

Just a perfunctory apology to all my google email friends out there who now get an email every time I update this blog. I have no idea how to disable that and am frankly too lazy to research it. So, suck it up and bask in my glory. 

Didn't actually do a class on the 8th, just went to workout with my competition buddy. We ran through the first two workouts from the competition, because that seems like a good idea to do in a half hour, right?

WOD 1: "14.2"
10 min AMRAP 3-6-9-12...OH Squats 95/65 Chest 2 Bar Pullups**Clean & Jerk @205/135 Buy/ inCash Out EVERY TIME you switch
8 min AMRAP
Max Rep Squat Clean and Jerk 165/110
8 burpee buy in/cash out with each switch


We made it through all of round 18 and got in another 8 OHS. This was a gut check as you pretty much just fall apart when you crawl back to the cash out clean and jerk. Still, I was happy finishing 18 on our first pass at this. 

WOD 2: 11.3 

This was awful. I'm fine running a ton of reps at this weight for C&J, but those burpees immediately jack up your heart rate and just piss all over any strategy you may have. We switched far too many times on this as well. Next time through, I'm planning on switching like twice at the most and just sitting on the bar and banging out more reps each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment